Released commercially in 2001, ‘The Story of the Mechanical Man’ was Michael McCann’s first project working under the name ‘Behavior’. The 13-track album (original - this is an 11-track version) was also McCann’s first foray into more electronic pop, blending elements of trip-hop, trance, ambient and jazz. The track “Anywhere But Here” became the opening theme song for the 4-season dramatic series Regenesis (watch opening), and many of the other tracks on the album went on to be used in various trailers, commercials and compilations.
released May 1, 2001
- Release: May 2001 | Label: Behavior Music
– Composed, produced, mixed and performed by Michael McCann
- Anywhere But Here written by Michael McCann & Andrea Revel
- August written by Kevin Olson
- The Freeman written by Michael McCann & Kevin Olson
– Vocals: Andrea Revel [Anywhere But Here, The Freeman, The Lonely*]
– Vocals on Contradiction by Margo Timmins*
– Guitar: Kevin Olson
– Drums on ‘Introduction': Darren Lloyd
– Cover design by Michael McCann
– Holy Thursday by David Axelrod (Anywhere But Here – *Original Version)
– Mining for Gold by The Cowboy Junkies [Contradiction]
– Tea With Sharmilla by Andrea Revel [The Lonely]
All samples used with permission
supported by 5 fans who also own “The Story Of The Mechanical Man”
An absolute wonderful EP.
I am an hardcore fan of Deus Ex games, I listen to the score everyday. Now that I heared 4 EP, I can see where the scores come from.
In Watchtower, I see Human Revolution.
In There And Back Again, I clearly see Dark Days from Mankind Divided.
You should buy it eyes closed =) mederic